A funny thing happened when I made dinner tonight...

I picked up a nice piece of meat that was rolled up with onions and peppers from Whole Foods today. The butcher said all I had to do was pan sear it and pop it in the oven to cook it through. So I came home and turn on the oven. I got a very nice sear on the meat. I had shredded zucchini and onion sauteing in another pan and rice on the back burner. I opened the oven to put the beef in to finish off and what the F##@** did I see?

Well a couple of nights ago we had the grilled chicken and we have this cat, Kramer, who climbs up on to the counter, so we put the tray which the chicken was on (a white plastic IKEA tray) in the oven until we did the dishes. Well I guess I forgot about it.

This is the bottom of the oven...

Smoke was coming out of the oven. I called Chris for help. He carried out the oven racks which were covered with melted white plastic...

Anyway we had a nice bottle of Cupido Sangiovese... Sigh...

1 comment:

Debi said...

omg, we did the same thing and burned one of Jack's "toy" cookie trays!. Mother F#$@%@! I feel your pain. I think the smoke is poisonous also, if the mess wasn't enought. Sigh. The food sounded delicious!