The hardest part was cutting up all the ingredients. I put everything in the Crock Pot and stepped away. I did leave the house to run to the library to return some books and pick up a couple of Crock Pot Recipe books!
Beef Bourguignon, serves 6-8
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 3# Beef Chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 strips cooked bacon
- 1 10-oz can beef broth
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 springs fresh thyme stemmed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Coat beef in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Sear beef in a skillet on stove top.
- Place Meat in Crock Pot and add remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours or on High for 5-7 hours, or until the meat is tender.